Patients have a diagnosis of Localization Related Epilepsy(LRE), but it is difficult to classify them as lesional or non lesional for treatment reasons. To diagnose the unusual electrical activity in the brain of people with epilepsy, we use an Electroencephalogram(EEG). Small sensors are used in the scalp to pick up the electrical signals, when the brain cells communicate each other. Brain scan can be used to spot the causes of epilepsy like tumours or due to stroke or scarring in the brain. Magnetic Resonance Imaging(MRI) is the main scan used here.
- Track 1-1 Magnetic resonance imaging
- Track 2-2 Single photon emission tomography
- Track 3-3 Magneto encephalogram
- Track 4-4 Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy(MRS)
- Track 5-5 Close-loop flashing
- Track 6-6 IV therapy